The latest edition of online journal Senses of Cinema has several lengthy articles devoted to aspects of central and eastern European cinema, including:
- Sweet Movie: The Gentle Side of “Destructive Art” by Dušan Makavejev
- The World Tasted: Dušan Makavejev’s Sweet Movie by Lorraine Mortimer
- Slovak Cinema of the 1970s Revisited by Peter Hourigan
- Pride and Panic: Russian Imagination of the West in Post-Soviet Film by Yana Hashamova - book review by Lars Kristensen
- plus three pieces on Andrzej Wajda’s films: Ashes and Diamonds by Rahul Hamid, A Generation and Kanal by Boris Trbic, and Polish Reveries & Reflections:
Andrzej Wajda’s Man of Marble by Adam Bingham.